12 Super Stylish Ways to Wear a Scarf
With cooler days and nights approaching, we’re all starting to take out our cozy accessories like beanies and scarves. But styling a scarf properly is the key to tying an entire ensemble together – here are the ultimate tips.
1. How to wear a blanket scarf – you can wear this scarf cape style, by folding it into a triangle and placing it over your shoulders. Works well with tall boots and autumn looks.
2. How to wear a triangle scarf – Gather your scarf lengthwise, then fold it in half and put it around your neck. Pull the loose end through the loop end, securing at the neck tightly.
3. How to wear a rectangle scarf – fold your scarf into a figure 8 shape – fold it in half and rape around your neck/ then, feed the top end though the loop, testing the loop to create a second hole. Finally, feed the bottom end through the hole and adjust.
4. How to wear a silk scarf – try the large side knot which compliments a range of outfits and works well with square silk scared. Create the same long rectangle in the previous look, but once you have it, wrap it around your neck twice until you’re left with two points of the rectangle. Finally, the ends together so they slightly overlap and face the front or the side.
5. How to wear a square scarf – fold the square in half so its a triangle, then tie the scarf around your neck with the V in front, playing around with it and adjusting to the side or keeping centered.
6. How to wear a neck scarf – try the petite side knot, fold the scarf corner to corner to form a small triangle. Then fold the scar in half so that the triangle’s point touches the straight edge. Then, keep folding in on itself until you half a narrow rectangle, wrapping the final shape around the neck and tying off to one side.
7. How to wear a long scarf – do the basic dangle with one side hanging along each side, or try the over the shoulder toss for a more carefree, rockstar-leaning look.
8. How to do the plaited spiral – fold the scarf into a triangle and fold the largest point back into the triangle then, roll it up and wrap the scarf around your neck, it yelling ends forward and tying a knot. Then twist the two ends around each other until it starts to look like a braid, then tie a double knot, wrapping one end around your neck.
9. How to do the classic front tie – drape the scarf evenly around your neck letting it hang. Then cross and tie the two ends in the center, adjusting so that one is lauded over the other . Fluff.
10. How to do the tartan poncho with a blanket scarf – a street style favorite. Simply drape a blanket scarf around your shoulders and the a belt around your waist. Voila – scarf turned into a nuanced outerwear piece!
11. How to do the fold loop and dangle – this is great with dresses or jackets they leave your chest bare – fold your scarf in half and wrap it around your neck so both ends are in front. Then, make the loop end shorter and pull the long side through the loop, adjusting where needed.
12. How to do the knotted shawl – since a shawl is usually just draped over the shoulders, this knotted shawl steps up its game by hiding the tails in a classy update. Place it around your shoulders and making a half knot in the back with the tails. Pull ends right and high on your back pulling the scarf down to cover the tails.